Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Being open

I can run the gamut of emotions from tears to joy in a single day. I don't enjoy days where I run that intense a cycle but then I don't enjoy days where I'm down and the amazing days just make the down days seem worse. What to do? I think the key is being open to what is happening to you at any given moment. What is that moment or that emotion supposed to be teaching you? I just learned that when you are in depression you are at your most creative. That is an amazing example of yin/yang at work I believe. So I guess we should just accept the emotions and remain open to what they are telling or teaching us. You can't have joy if you haven't experienced sadness and all of us can admit to learning not just from positive experiences but the negative ones as well. So be open, there is a lesson in everything.

No comments: