Sunday, March 1, 2009

Excess

Welcome to March everyone. This month always makes me feel that spring is around the corner. This is usually when people start thinking about summer outfits and will they still fit! I have been watching television and I am appalled at these reality shows like the biggest loser. These fitness coaches yell and point out body flaws in an effort to motivate the contestants. I feel verbally abused after watching these shows and I have to wonder if these contestants can succeed in maintaining their weight loss after the shows are over. I don't see them as motivating as much as bullying. What is it about our society that requires such excesses. We spend to much, eat too much, want too much and even when we try to rectify these situations we go too far. Everything in moderation seems to have a nice sound to it now doesn't it.

No comments: