Friday, May 29, 2009

Disorganization or Dastardly Plot

If you looked at my office (also known as the family room) you would probably assume I was disorganised. I have marked ownership of one sofa with a plethora of books and papers all piled haphazardly over 2 cushions. My lap top tray is filled with smaller snippets of paper, the t.v. converter and anything else I deem essential. The thing is my area is actually highly organized (as long as my husband doesn't try to organize it). I know where everything is and what project is on the go at any given moment. Nothing irritates me more than pseudo organization. This is where an office or business will look organized on the surface but is actually a hotbed of disorganisation. I have been poked by frequent examples of this lately and of course they have to be linked to my phobia - the doctor's office. I went in for my physical like a brave girl and followed up after my blood work came back with some minor issues. Imagine my surprise when I was called 3 days later to go in again for another reason, and 3 days after that and again today. I have had more spikes in blood pressure occur from these calls then is necessary. I have to admit I lost it with the receptionist. She tried to tell me that all the lab reports come in separately. Doesn't it make sense to wait until they are all in before you call the patient? That would have been 4 separate visits back to the doctor. I am sure OHIP would have been billed for all of them. Is this disorganization or a dastardly plot. I just know I am debating call display so I can avoid their calls.

No comments: