Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Creativity

Creativity isn't an entitlement of the artistic mind. I can remember how I had to knit or crochet or work at some craft in order to feel sane. The creativity of seeing something come together fed me on a deep intrinsic level. I felt calmer, more centered and more fulfilled while working on crafts. I thought that perhaps I was "crafty". Imagine my surprise when I let go of my crafts completely. I had started teaching reflexology and the lesson planning and study aids I developed were satisfying that same deeper need. This was surprising to me. Theoretically, this was work, but it felt like play! I learned that creativity comes in all shapes, sizes, forms and interests. The key is to find the one that interests you. You leave the work energized as opposed to fatigued. I am starting a new project now that should take a couple of years. I am developing a head/neck reflexology course. I am excited and grounded at the same time. Wish me luck and I wish you the same enjoyment I feel with your creative endeavours.

No comments: