Saturday, April 18, 2009

Adjusting for Balance

I have been supremely busy lately brainstorming and developing seminars for my "Lunch and Learn" meetings. I plan on offering them to dental offices and doctors offices etc. Normally I thrive on work like this. My family room (also known as my office) is covered with binders that are designated for every project that I work on. Now this may sound chaotic but I do finish the projects I start, I just have a lot of projects. I move rapidly from lap top to text and back and forth while juggling laundry and ortho appointments and anything else that may come up during my day. Now my mantra is balance. I have no problem letting a dust bunny live a day longer than it should if I am really in a work groove. But this week I noticed I wasn't enjoying working on material that I am passionate about. So I have listened to my body and brain (and the birds chirping outside) and I have given myself permission to extend my timeline for completion. It was a long winter and spring and summer fly by. I plan on feeding my brain and body by taking a break. It may last a week and it may last longer. But I know my projects will be waiting for me once I have finished playing. I hope you all can achieve balance in your lives.

No comments: