Monday, August 2, 2010

Reflexologist heal thyself!

I did something or I caught something or something. Yesterday I woke up with a wee bit of a knot close to my right shoulder blade. It's a long weekend. I didn't want to take the time to do anything to it, so I popped a couple of acetominophen (I know, not an antiinflammatory but drugs are few and far between in my house). Didn't help. Then I start begging various family members to do the layman's term of shiatsu/acupressure in the area. Temporary relief. Got into the hot tub. Temporary relief again. Every time the pain came back it spread to more and more areas - mostly joints - so I started thinking viral. So then the genius in me said try reflexology! Quel surprise! I am the reflexology version of a cobbler. I don't have shoes or in reflexology speak, I keep on forgetting to treat myself. And since my husband said for better or worse in our vows, I handed him my feet. Yep, there it was. He worked the area for a while which helped considerably. I had a good night's sleep. I woke up this morning with the ball of my foot sore to the touch in the corresponding area. Later in the day my thumb started to ache in the corresponding area. This is a good sign. The issue is coming to the surface to disappear forever. The area in my shoulder itself has a lingering light echo of how it felt yesterday.
I will work the areas on my foot and thumb and put this baby to bed! So remember reflexologists, not all discomfort is related to organ imbalance but muscular issues. Don't forget muscles when assessing a client.

No comments: