Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Reflexology

I am a member of a number of reflexology groups on facebook. I am amazed at the diversity within the field of reflexology. The definition of reflexology and methods of application are diverse as well. I don't agree with all of them. I am sure some of these members don't agree with my principles as well. The underlying denominator and what keeps us gelled as a group is the underlying desire to help. Notice I said help and not heal. The healers are the people themselves who come to us with their issues. We are simply facilitators. As in all things, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I started thinking about how reflexology has impacted my life. I have a large circle of friends because of my love for teaching reflexology. My family is healthier and has a greater appreciation for their bodies and how they work. I feel less helpless when life throws curve balls at me. Reflexology techniques can help to deal with these. Even as I begin to envision myself in the future as a retiree, I have a picture of myself doing reflexology. I guess I am an addict.

Hello, my name is Sue and I am a reflexology addict. Anyone else out there?

2 comments:

#reflexologyandyoga4balance said...

Hi Sue,
You called yourself a reflexology addict: Wondering whether you are familiar with Marie-France Muller's "Facial Reflexology A Self Care Manual"? I started blogging about it take a look when you have a moment: frogontheface.blogspot.com

Sue Todd said...

I do have the book and have done a bit of research myself on facial reflexology. I am a true reflexology addict.